Ah, fall is almost here, but from the change in the weather to the posts on Instagram, it feels as if it has arrived. Hints of it can be found in our home, especially in the kitchen. I’ve been cooking & baking with my fall favorites, including butternut squash. I’ve always appreciated butternut squash for it’s beauty & it’s flavor. It’s graced several of my table settings & decorated a few of our homes. I love anything versatile, so it should come as no surprise that a vegetable I can use to decorate my table one day, will become dinner the next. Flowers can’t do that.
This recipe is a combination of a few of my fall favorite pasta recipes, including butternut squash ravioli. It’s unbelievably filling!
Browned Butter Butternut Squash Pasta
- 1 stick butter
- fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large butternut squash, cubed
- 1/4 c fresh grated parmesan or pecorino
- 1 lb pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil & add squash. Cook 15 minutes, remove & put in a food processor. Add noodles to boiling water.
- Meanwhile, brown butter over medium heat until amber in color & it has a nutty scent. Add sage leaves, walnuts & garlic. Remove from heat in 30 seconds.
- Remove sage leaves & place on paper towels to dry.
- In a food processor, puree squash. Add to butter mixture & stir well. Add fresh cracked pepper.
- Toss with pasta, top with fresh parmesan & sage leaves.