A light and refreshing Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce that comes together in minutes. This Tomato Pasta has it all – a little heat sprinkled in with bursts of sweet cherry tomatoes.
My passion for pasta knows no boundaries. It’s an endless love affair! Every time I think I’ve consumed too much, my taste buds beg for more.
Beyond my love for classic pasta dishes, I also enjoy the challenge of adding whatever fresh ingredients I happen to have in the fridge. Sneaking a few of my favorite sweet cherry tomatoes into my weekly pasta intake? That’s how I know I’ve found the perfect balance in my life! This is truly a tomato pasta sauce you’re going to crave.
The Best Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce
The beauty of this cherry tomato pasta sauce? There’s a sweet burst of flavor from every bite of cherry tomato, but it’s perfectly balanced with a little kick from the red pepper flakes.
Cherry tomato pasta is so easy because these tiny tomatoes pack a big flavor punch! They are less acidic and a little sweeter than larger tomatoes, but the nutrient value is the same. Less slicing and dicing means more time to savor this delicious tomato pasta!
Creating This Delicious Tomato Pasta Sauce From Scratch
When it comes to our weekly pasta tradition, simple is simply the best! This easy cherry tomato pasta is made with a short list of ingredients. You’ll need to make quality choices because the simplified sauce means every ingredient will shine! The freshness of your ingredients matters. Make sure to use fresh produce and quality cheese for the best results.
- cherry tomatoes
- red pepper flakes
- tomato sauce
- fresh mint
- ricotta cheese
How To Make Tomato Pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and prepare noodles. (Get all my secrets for delicious homemade pasta right here!)
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan on medium heat, melt butter. Add crushed red pepper. Sauté cherry tomatoes until they begin to soften.
- Add half of the mint leaves.
- Reduce heat to medium low while you finish cooking your pasta.
- Add noodles to your saucepan and toss.
- Add a little pasta water to thin sauce if desired. Serve with a large dollop of ricotta cheese and fresh mint leaves.
Tips For Creating The Ultimate Cherry Tomato Pasta
- If you want to take this tomato pasta sauce over the top, use my homemade egg noodle recipe
- Never overcook your pasta. That perfect al dente texture is everything!
- Saving a little of your pasta water really makes a difference- it helps bring your sauce to the perfect consistency. The warm salted water is ideal!
More Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
- Spaghetti with Mizithra Cheese and Browned Butter
- Braised Beef Pappardelle
- White Wine Pasta Sauce
- Pasta Aglio e Olio
- Cajun Spiced Chicken with Cajun Chicken Seasoning
I hope you enjoy this easy weeknight dinner recipe for cherry tomato pasta sauce as much as I do. Please leave a 5 star rating in the comments below!
You can see just how easy this recipe is by watching the video in the recipe card. Enjoy!
Cherry Tomato Pasta (Tomato Pasta Sauce)
- 1 lb pasta
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 30 cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 oz tomato sauce
- 8 mint leaves chopped
- Boil pasta until al dente.
- Over medium heat, melt butter.
- Sauté crushed red pepper for 30 seconds. Add cherry tomatoes. Sauté about 2 minutes, until tender.
- Add 1/2 of the chopped mint leaves. Stir in and remove from heat.
- Stir pasta in.
- Garnish with a dollop of ricotta and remaining mint. Salt and pepper to taste, if desired.