A refreshing Skinny Mojito with just 79 calories – the perfect summer sip full of lime and mint flavor!
Mojitos tend to be a special treat, typically around 175 calories apiece. They are one of my favorite summer cocktails! Very few cocktails are as light and refreshing and easy to drink on a hot summer day.
However, today I’m sharing my new favorite summer sip – a Skinny Mojito! All the sweet mint and lime flavor you love, without all the calories! You can enjoy more, for less calories!
In fact, this cocktail comes in at just 79 calories per serving. It’s low-calorie, fitting in with Atkins and Keto plans (just 4 carbs)! Cheers to that.
Skip the mix, these mojitos are quick and easy. You know my motto – fresh is always best!
Fresh is always best.
Skinny Mojitos are made with just 4 ingredients!
- Rum – the star of the show in this cocktail! Rum is about 64 calories an ounce.
- Limes – fresh limes add a lot of flavor without the calories! In fact, each serving has about 5 calories from lime juice.
- Mint – fresh mint adds flavor and an amazing scent to this cocktail. It grows in abundance, so you may want to add a pot on your patio to enjoy all summer long. However, you can also find it with herbs in the produce section of your grocer.
- Sprite Zero – it’s the perfect substitution for simple syrup and soda water. It’s so good you won’t miss either!
Best Rum for Mojitos
Have you ever wondered what the best rum for mojitos is? It’s simple – anything clear! White rum, silver rum, blanco rum…they offer the best flavor that pairs well with mint and lime.
Some go-to rum options for mojitos are:
- Flor de Cana
- Bacardi Superior
- Captain Morgan
How to Make a Skinny Mojito
To make a skinny mojito, simply…
- Add lime quarters and mint to a mojito glass.
- Using a mojito muddler (or back of a spoon), crush lime and mint to release the oils and juice to combine all the flavors.
- Add rum.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Top off with Sprite Zero.
- Stir and garnish with a lime wedge or fresh mint.
This Skinny Mojito recipe is for one large serving, in a standard glass. You can adjust it to make a pitcher of mojitos to serve a crowd.
Skinny Mojito Variations
- Use Coconut Rum! It’s so good that when you close your eyes, you just might drift away to an island somewhere. Malibu Coconut Rum is just 51 calories an ounce!
- Add a purée – try watermelon, strawberry, mango or pineapple.
If you love this Skinny Mojito recipe, you’ll also love this Skinny Margarita Recipe!
A refreshing Skinny Mojito with just 79 calories - the perfect summer sip full of lime and mint flavor!
- 1/2 lime quartered
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 c ice
- 1 oz white rum
- 1/2 c Sprite Zero
In a glass, muddle lime and mint.
Pour rum over lime and mint.
Top off with Sprite Zero, stir and garnish.
Don't have a mojito muddler? Use the back of your spoon to crush the mint and lime.
Garnish with a lime slice and or a sprig of fresh mint.