An easy Non Alcoholic Mulled Wine recipe for the holidays is enjoyable for people of all ages. Sweet grape juice, fruit and spices simmer into a hot Christmas drink that warms you from the inside out. It’s a 4 ingredient mocktail you’ll want to make time and time again throughout the holiday season.
You know I love a great glass of wine, but everyone should be able to share in the fun! When I was growing up, my mom would treat us to a special ‘cocktail’ for holidays and special events – often a Shirley Temple.
So I wanted to make a hot Christmas drink the whole family would enjoy. This recipe for non alcoholic mulled wine is great for adults and kids alike – anyone who wants a festive drink without alcohol. My kids like to refer to it as Christmas fruit punch!
It’s easy to make and serves a crowd. It just takes a few ingredients and you can adjust it to your preference or occasion. Much like my mulled wine and Hot Apple Cider it simmers on the stovetop until ready to serve. The scent of simmering mulled grape juice fills your home with the most beautiful aroma and your soul with joy. Non alcoholic mulled wine is an easy way to make an event memorable.
Non Alcoholic Mulled Wine Recipe Ingredients
- Grape Juice – I recommend Welch’s 100% red grape juice, but purple will work as well. One 46 oz bottle of grape juice will be enough for 8 people. If you are having a larger party or holiday gathering, simple double (or triple!) the recipe.
- Orange – Fresh sliced orange gives it that extra special touch and pop of beautiful orange slices. The winter citrus is also perfect this time of year!
- Star Anise – The subtle licorice flavor complements the sweet grape juice so well. And I just love seeing those stars float around the surface of the hot Christmas drink.
- Cinnamon Sticks – A warming spice that sings all things holiday. It is such a classic and kids love it, too!
How To Make Non Alcoholic Mulled Wine For The Holiday Season
- In a large dutch oven, warm a bottle (or two or three) of grape juice with sliced orange, star anise and cinnamon sticks for 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Ladle into mugs and garnish with orange slice, star anise and cinnamon stick.
The Best Spices For Kid-Friendly Mulled Wine
Star anise adds a lot of flavor that guests of all ages enjoy. And who can pass up the sweet, warm scent of cinnamon? You can also make your own allspice seasoning to use in this recipe with just a couple ingredients!
Though I tend to include cloves in traditional mulled cider, I omit them for non-alcoholic mulled wine as children don’t tend to care for the flavor. If you think your family will enjoy more spice, make this hot Christmas drink with traditional mulling spices to amp up the flavor!
This is a great addition to any holiday gathering. I hope you and your family and friends enjoy it, too!
More Holiday Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love:
- Apple Cider Cocktail
- Merry Mint with Peppermint Schnapps
- An Old Fashioned (with Apple Butter!)
- Pink Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Simple Apple Cider Bourbon Slush
- Apple Pear Christmas Cocktail
- Cinnamon Toast
If you try this Non Alcoholic Mulled Wine recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too! For more easy recipes and simple living ideas, subscribe to my newsletter!
Non Alcoholic Mulled Wine
- 46 oz grape juice
- 1 orange sliced
- 5 star of anise
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Simmer wine on low with orange, star of anise and cinnamon sticks 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Garnish with orange slice and cinnamon stick.