This easy 2 ingredient grilled mozzarella appetizer is so simple for everyday, but elegant enough to serve guests! It’s grilled on a cedar plank to add flavor and melt all the amazing flavors together. It is perfect for all of your cookouts and get togethers!
One of the many things I love about grilling dinner is that I can enjoy my guests’ company while on the patio preparing dinner. Unless I have time to prep ahead of time, I make each course one-by-one on the grill (in minutes), starting with this amazing appetizer – Grilled Mozzarella!
Creamy mozzarella is topped with sweet preserves for a wonderful restaurant quality appetizer that will have your guests begging for more!
The best part is that it is made in minutes with just 2 ingredients! It’s so gourmet, yet so simple!
It’s the perfect appetizer for Pizza On the Grill, Pineapple Shrimp Skewers, Lemon Garlic Shrimp Kabobs, Steak Kabobs, Chicken Kabobs, or Tequila Lime Shrimp Skewers. Pair it with an Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette or Insalata Mista.
No dinner is complete without dessert! You’ll love this Dessert Pizza!
Why You’ll Love this Grilled Appetizer
- 2 ingredients
- It’s beautiful!
Grilled Mozzarella Appetizer Ingredients
- Mozzarella – Use a large mozzarella ball that is as fresh as you can get. I like to use buffalo mozzarella that has a higher fat content, and is therefore, more delicious!
- Preserves – I like to top this appetizer with apricot preserves, but you can use your favorites. Cherry, blueberry and strawberry all work well.
- This recipe also works well with brie.
- Top with honey, nuts or
How To Make a Grilled Mozzarella Appetizer
- Prep – Soak the cedar plank and preheat the grill.
- Make – Place the cheese on the plank and top with preserves.
- Cook – Grill with the lid closed
- Thick Tomato Slices
A cedar plank is a must have when it comes to grilling! It helps to flavor the food you cook on it wonderfully. You obviously can’t put the cheese straight on the grill as it will melt through the grates, so this is a great mess free method.
It conducts heat much more slowly than if you were to put the cheese in a pan, so you get just the right gooey consistency without it burning.
If you try this recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
More Easy Cheese Appetizers
Grilled Mozzarella Appetizer
- Cedar plank
- 8 ounces mozzarella fresh
- 3 tablespoons preserves
- Soak a cedar plank in water for at least 30 minutes, up to 4 hours. This will keep it from burning.
- Preheat your grill to medium high.
- Place your cheese on the plank and add preserves on top. Place plank on top of the grate.
- Grill 10 minutes with lid closed or until it appears to almost burst at the sides.
- Mozzarella – It also works well with brie.
- Preserves – Use your favorite flavor.
- Top with honey
- Top with nuts
- Top with fennel
- Thick Tomato Slices