These fun and festive treats are made from saltine crackers soaked in caramelized sugar layered with creamy white chocolate and topped with pretty pastel candies! This quick and easy toffee makes a cute Easter snack that is easily devoured.
Easy saltine toffee with an Easter twist. It’s a sweet Easter treat that’s so easy that I’ve been making it since elementary school! It only takes a few minutes to make, and always gone in a flash!
Serve on a plate or platter at your next spring party or gift in a clear treat bag with with a ribbon bow.
Little hands can help make this sweet treat! Our girls line the sheet with crackers. I make and pour the brown sugar on top. Then they sprinkle with chocolate chips and decorate with their favorite candies!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Saltine Crackers – I love using saltines because they’re perfectly salty and square, making them easy to organize without shifting on a cookie sheet. You can use your favorite crackers including graham crackers, Ritz, Club, or gluten-free crackers. The options are endless!
- Butter – Salted or unsalted, your preference.
- Brown Sugar – I use light brown sugar, but you can substitute with dark brown for richer flavor.
- White Chocolate – White chocolate almond bark, melting wafers or chocolate chips.
- Toppings – Miniature Easter eggs, jelly beans, sprinkles, M&M’s, Cadbury eggs, colorful miniature or Easter shaped marshmallows.
- Prep – Preheat oven and line jelly roll pan with parchment paper, aluminum foil or use baking spray for easy cleanup.
- Make Toffee – Line sheet with a single layer of crackers. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar and butter. Bring to a boil and pour over saltines.
- Bake – Mixture will melt and bubble.
- Top – Melt white chocolate in incremements stirring in between until smooth. Remove crackers from oven and pour chocolate over the top. Spread until smooth. OR top warm mixture with chocolate chips and spread with a spatula. Immediately sprinkle with candies, sprinkles or marshmallows.
- Break – Once toffee has cooled and set, cut or break into pieces.
Use white chocolate chips to eliminate melting chocolate in the microwave. Simply sprinkle chips onto crackers immediately after removing from the oven and spread using a spatula.
How to Store
- Room Temperature – Store in an airtight container up to 4 days at room temperature.
- Refrigerate – Store in an airtight container, separating layers with parchment paper in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Freeze – Place it in a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to three months.
- Use a heat-proof spatula to spread the layers.
- Refrigerate to set even faster.
Saltine Toffee Easter Treats
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Line sheet with a sleeve of saltine crackers nestled in tight.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine butter and brown sugar. Stir continuously for 5 minutes. When it comes to a boil, slowly pour mixture over crackers and spread with a spatula.
- Bake 5 minutes in preheated oven. Meanwhile…
- Melt almond bark in increments stirring in between until smooth. Remove crackers from the over and cover with chocolate pouring back and forth. Quickly smooth with a spatula.
- Immediately top with your favorite Easter candies and or sprinkles.
- Allow to set. Cut or break into pieces.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.