Bunny Tail Easter Cupcakes will be the hit of your Easter get together! Adorable bunny cupcakes look like a sweet bunny tail and are quick and easy to make!
After making a Bunny Butt for Easter last year, I wondered, why not make sweet little bunny cupcakes? I love hand held desserts, especially when entertaining a large crowd or children.
These bunny tail Easter cupcakes are the cutest thing since little bunny foo foo went hopping through the forest. Okay, maybe cuter, children’s nursery rhymes and songs were often grim, weren’t they!
I love all things Easter, the first signs of spring, the pretty pastel hues, and kids getting dressed in their Sunday best to name a few. I also love incorporating chicks and bunnies into decor and food, like these little chick deviled eggs.
You can find a comprehensive list of all my Easter Recipes here – there are over 125 memorable recipes to choose from!
Cotton candy was sold at the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis and often referred to as “fairy floss”! It seems fitting as the taste, and texture is pretty magical.
Cotton candy has always been one of my favorite indulgences, and is the most magical way to top off a cupcake! These Easter cupcakes can be displayed on a platter alone or with Easter grass. You can also display them in an Easter basket! They’ll soon become your favorite Easter dessert.
Making Easter Cupcakes from Scratch or Mix – Your Pick!
You can make bunny tail cupcakes using my easy Easter Cupcakes recipe below. However, if you prefer and are looking for a shortcut, you can use your favorite white cake mix! Either way these take just a few minutes hands on time.
Making cupcakes from scratch is easy! Chances are, you have all the staple ingredients on hand! I do however like using cake flour for the lightest, fluffiest cupcakes when possible.
Cake flour is finely milled, bleached and has low protein content. It makes cakes so tender! It also offers a perfect crumb and beautiful rise.
If you don’t have cake flour on hand, don’t worry, there is an easy substitution using all purpose flour! Just use 1 cup (less 2 Tbsp) all purpose flour and 2 Tbsp cornstarch. Sift them together and you’ll get the same great texture and taste!
The end result? The cutest little bunny cupcakes – without the effort! No decorating skills required!
These bunny tails make a fun alternative to bunny butt cupcakes!
They make the most adorable Easter cupcakes in history! These bunny tail cupcakes would also be perfect for a Peter Rabbit party, baby shower, birthday and more!
I know what you’re going to ask…
Where to Purchase White Cotton Candy
Cotton candy is light and fluffy making it the best fit for these bunny cupcakes. Piled high who can resist these adorable treats? You can purchase white cotton candy at
- Home Goods / Marshall’s / TJ Maxx
- Specialty Candy store
- Chuck E Cheese
Tip to Make Bunny Cupcakes
Frost and Add Cotton Candy Just Before Serving – Cotton candy evaporates when it is exposed to moisture – not only is there moisture in the air, but in these amazing Easter cupcakes. This will give you the biggest, fluffiest tail.
How to Make Easter Cupcakes (from scratch!)
- Prep – Preheat oven to 325 degrees and fill a in with cupcake liners.
- Cream Butter and Sugar – In a mixing bowl or mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until it’s light and fluffy and light in color.
- Mix Eggs and Milk – In a small bowl, combine egg whites and milk, set aside.
- Combine Dry Ingredients – In separate mixing bowl, combine cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Make Batter – Alternate adding dry mixture to butter, then wet mixture, dry, wet until just combined.
- Bake – Fill cupcake tins and bake 20 minutes.
- Make Icing – Meanwhile, combine icing ingredients until smooth.
- Cool and Top – Allow the cupcakes to cool completely. Just before serving, add a thin layer of white frosting top add a ball of cotton candy.
More Easy Easter Recipes
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup milk
- 1¾ cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1½ cups powdered sugar aka confectioners sugar
- cotton candy white
- Preheat oven to 325°F and fill a muffin tin with liners.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until it is light in color, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine egg whites and milk, set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate adding dry mixture to butter, then wet mixture, dry, wet until just combined.
- Fill muffin tins and bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine icing ingredients until smooth.
- Add a thin layer of icing to the top of cooled cupcakes, then add a ball of cotton candy*.
Tips for Working with Cotton Candy
- dry hands
- work fast so buttercream doesn’t dry and helps cotton candy adhere
- gently pull cotton candy to fluff and shape
- put on just before serving
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.
If you try this recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!