This red wine spritzer is a light, refreshing signature drink perfect for Spring & Summer entertaining. This simple red wine cocktail is made with 2 ingredients; red wine and sprite, and takes no time at all to make.
Happy Spring! After a long, cold winter, I’m ready to celebrate Spring! It seems you love a signature drink as much as I do, so I’ll keep sharing my favorite recipes!
Wine spritzers are typically done with white wines, but why should they have all the fun?
This cocktail is simple and sweet, but not so sweet that you can’t enjoy a few! I love wine, but for an afternoon of entertaining, I enjoy it in a spritzer. I think you will too!
I love how fresh and light this cocktail is, it’s the perfect summer sipper! It’s so quick and easy to make so it’s perfect if you are entertaining a crowd, but it’s also a fuss free drink to make for yourself.
Table of Contents
Red Wine Spritzer Ingredients
- Red Wine – Use your favorite red wine for this recipe. I detail my favorite picks further down in this post.
- Sprite or 7up – The addition of a little sprite or 7up makes this red wine cocktail an easy drinking. Light and refreshing with a few bubbles.
- Ice – Serve this drink over crushed ice to keep it cool.
How To Make A Red Wine Spritzer
- Prep – Fill a glass with crushed ice.
- Make and Serve – Pour the red wine and 7Up over the crushed ice. Optional: garnish with a rosemary sprig.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- This recipe is easily doubled, tripled and more. The ratio of red wine to sprite is 3:1 so scale it up as you need. You can also use the slider to adjust servings in the printable recipe card.
- Serve immediately. If you make it too far ahead of time the sprite will go flat.
- Pour over ice. Even though it may seem strange to drink red wine chilled, it’s the way to go with this spritzer.
What’s The Best Red Wine To Use?
First and foremost, use a red wine that you enjoy in this spritzer! It is diluted a little by the sprite but you will definitely taste it. You don’t have to spend a lot of money, something mid range will work perfectly well.
I like to use a wine that is nice and fruity, aromatic and with low tannins. A pinot noir, grenache, malbec or a merlot are all good choices.
What Do You Garnish A Spritzer With?
I like to use a sprig of rosemary to garnish these red wine cocktails. It adds color and the herby aroma works really well with the wine. Fresh mint also works well as do a little fruit like a sliced lemon or a couple of raspberries.
More Easy Cocktail Recipes
Want more? Receive the best ideas directly to your inbox and connect on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
If you try this recipe, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
Red Wine Spritzer
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup Sprite
- crushed ice
- Fill a cup with ice.
- Combine and serve.
- Use your favorite red wine – Merlot, Pinot Noir, Malbec, whatever you enjoy.
- Sprite and 7 Up are interchangeable
- Scale using the slider in the recipe card
- Serve immediately
- Serve over ice
Photo credit: Kristen Clayville