Does it get any more festive than this? If you love a glass of celebratory champagne and you love a homemade margarita, you’re going to be head over heels for this incredible pink champagne margarita.
When you combine the signature sparkling bubbles of champagne with the earthy bright tones of tequila and lime juice, you’re rewarded with a fabulous new cocktail. This pink champagne margarita is everything you want it to be and more!
Easy to make and even easier to drink, you can make a single champagne margarita or a pitcher for a crowd.
While I will always be a wine drinker, we also love to create a specialty cocktail for a fun evening at home with friends. This fun and festive pink champagne margarita is one such cocktail – and it’s as much fun to make as it it to drink!
I think this pretty pink drink will be perfect for baby and wedding showers, summertime fiestas, and even your Cinco de Mayo celebrations this spring. They are easy to customize to your tastes, with fresh, simple ingredients.
You can easily multiply the ingredients in this recipe to create cocktails for a crowd – because who doesn’t need a pitcher of champagne margaritas at their next party? Let’s get started!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- So easy to make
- A fresh spin on a classic party cocktail
- Celebratory and fun for showers, summertime gatherings and more
- Only four ingredients
I have a complete margarita guide to help you decide which flavor combination to tackle next. And psst… if you love margaritas as much as we do, you’ve got to try this incredible Cadillac margarita and my easy paloma recipe too.
- Orange Liqueur (Grand Marnier)
- Lime Juice
Substitutions and Variations
- Any type of blanco tequila works beautifully here.
- We used a pink sparkling wine in this recipe for the pretty color! Choose your favorite Champagne, Prosecco or any other sparkling wine – I used this sweeter Pink Moscato for this cocktail and it worked beautifully!
- Prefer wine over champagne? Try a Wine Margarita.
- Replace the lime juice with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and the orange liqueur with grapefruit soda for a sparkling Champagne Paloma!
Set Up a Margarita Bar
Let guests mix and match flavorful ingredients to create their own cocktails!
- Use Crushed Ice – Crushed or nugget ice chills your cocktail even faster, adding balance to it.
- Fresh Squeezed Juice – Fresh squeezed limes adds fresh, bright flavor. Alternatively you can purchase 100% real lime juice in the produce section. You can make your own Margarita Mix ahead for parties!
- Quality Tequila – A quality tequila is smooth with amazing flavor. See my Tequila Guide for the best options!
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s more than okay – it’s surprisingly delicious! This combination is all the best things about a bubbly, celebratory champagne with the clean, earthy finish of tequila.
Prosecco is an Italian sparkling wine, whereas Champagne is a sparkling wine that can only come from the Champagne region of France. Prosecco is generally a little less expensive, and often labeled as extra dry or brut, which have a distinct sweetness.
Moscato is another Italian sparkling wine, and tends to be the sweetest, most floral version of these three popular sparkling options.
- Squeeze your fresh limes ahead of time, up to 48 hours in advance!
- Mix lime juice, orange liqueur and tequila ahead of time. Add champagne just before serving for fresh bubbles!
How to Store
- At Room Temperature – For up to two hours before and after serving.
- Refrigerate – Store these champagne margaritas in the fridge for up to 48 hours after serving. They will lose some of the bubbles but still be delicious!
- Freeze – To turn these champagne margaritas into a frozen slushy format!
Freeze and turn them into a Champagne Slushie the next day!
- 1 ounce blanco tequila or silver tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur or Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce lime juice freshly squeezed, preferred
- 3 ounces champagne pink moscato champagne or your favorite
- Fill a cocktail shaker (for one) or pitcher (for more) with ice.
- Add blanco tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and champagne. Shake or stir.
- Pour into glass. *Note, you can rim glass by rubbing a lime over the edge and dipping into a plate of salt or sugar, your preference.
Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.