Make it festive this holiday season with a delicious Cranberry Cheese Ball shaped like Santa’s hat!
I’ve always enjoyed creating food that looks as good as it tastes when entertaining. It’s the little things that can make occasions memorable! Whether you’re bringing a single appetizer or curating the entire menu, make it count!
Santa’s Hat Cranberry Cheese Ball does just that! It’s a creative Christmas idea that will have everyone talking!
There’s a Christmas cheese ball for everyone! Reindeer Bacon Cheddar Cheeseball, Pesto Cheeseball Wreath, Ornament Pomegranate Christmas Cheese Ball and Funfetti Dessert Snowman Cheese Ball. The Hedgehog Cheese Ball is so cute for a woodland theme!
It’s quick, easy, delicious and most importantly, festive! ‘Tis the season to be jolly and no one is jollier than the man in red! Making a homemade cheese ball is so easy!
Cranberry Cheese Ball Ingredients
- Cream Cheese – the base of all cheese balls, this gives it substance, yet maintains a creamy texture. You can learn How to Soften Cream Cheese here.
- White Cheddar – sharp cheddar adds a lot of flavor to this appetizer. When possible, freshly shred from a block for the creamiest results.
- Worcestershire Sauce – a hint of worcestershire adds so much flavor to this easy appetizer.
- Garlic – You can use fresh garlic cloves, but I always opt for minced garlic available in a jar in the produce section of the grocery store. It’s quick, and easy, just like this dish and has amazing flavor. It’s a staple in our home and one of my favorite shortcuts! In a pinch, substitute a teaspoon of garlic powder.
It’s naturally low carb – serve with veggies for a keto-friendly appetizer!
How to Make a Cheddar Cheese Ball
You can see how easy this cheese ball recipe is in the video in this post. For the full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
- Combine – In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese cheddar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Roll – mixture into a ball, press more on one side to create a hat. Set upright on a platter and continue to mold it into shape.
- Coat with dried cranberry by rolling on top of parchment covered with cranberries or pressing them into the cheese ball one by one.
- Top the Hat – roll cream cheese into a ball in the palm of your hand and insert a toothpick into the ball, then insert it into the top of the hat.
- Cover with a piece of plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers, nut thins, pita chips, pretzels and or veggies.
Of course this appetizer is amazing as mentioned, but you can mix it up in so many ways to adjust to your taste!
- Chopped Pecans – you can add chopped pecans into the mixture or roll it into a ball and coat with cranberry pecans.
- Green Onion or Chives – want to add a little spice? Green onion adds a little color and flavor.
- Go Gorgonzola – substitute white cheddar with gorgonzola or blue cheese. It pairs well with the sweet tangy cranberries.
- Make it miniature – create individual miniature cheese balls and serve on a pretzel stick or toothpick.
- Substitute Cream Cheese with Goat Cheese
- Cheese balls are a great make ahead appetizer. Store refrigerated up to a week wrapped in plastic wrap to maintain freshness.
- Because it contains cream cheese, a cheese ball does not freeze well
More Easy Appetizers
- Irresistible Veggie Dip Recipe
- Spinach Dip with Cream Cheese
- Queso Blanco White Queso Dip
- Cream Cheese Bean Dip
- Creamy Jalapeño Dip
Cranberry Cheese Ball
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 16 ounces white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces dried cranberries
- Combine cream cheese (less a small handful to create a ball for the hat), cheddar cheese, worcestershire sauce and garlic in a mixing bowl.
- Mold into desired shape.
- Roll onto parchment lined in dried cranberries. Place on platter.
- Optional: roll cream cheese into a ball, insert toothpick and insert it into the top of the hate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Allow to set out 20 minutes before serving with crackers, pretzels, pita chips or veggies.
- Add Chopped Pecans
- Add Green Onion or Chives
- Substitute White Cheddar with Gorgonzola
- Substitute Cream Cheese with Goat Cheese