This strawberry and lemon mimosa is a wonderfully light and refreshing champagne cocktail that you can make in a matter of minutes. Made with fresh strawberries, this wonderful spring cocktail is perfect for a Mother’s Day and Easter brunch.
“When I stopped seeing my mother through the eyes of a child, I saw the woman who helped me give birth to myself.” – Nancy Friday. Through the years, I’ve come to realize that while my mom is no longer with me, she is in everything I do and was certainly the template for the mother I am today.
For me, celebrating Mother’s Day isn’t about the girls showering me with special treatment, but about embracing each moment I have with my family and raising them to be confident, compassionate, honest, and grateful. Mother’s Day is not just a day to celebrate, but be celebrated. To make Mother’s Day entertaining enjoyable for the hostess as well.
Whether you’re celebrating with your mother, daughters, sisters or friends I want to make it as easy as it is beautiful to host Mother’s Day brunch, even for mom herself.
Of course everyone loves a classic mimosa, but I could sip this strawberry lemon mimosa all day! It’s always a crowd-pleaser and of course, just as easy to make! They are wonderfully light and refreshing and aren’t too strong in the alcohol department so you can easily enjoy a couple without going overboard!
Strawberry and lemon are two flavors that just work so well together, you get a wonderful sweetness from the strawberries that is balance out by the tangy lemon, it’s just so perfect! This cocktail tastes like summer, and let’s be honest, everything is better with a little champagne!
Strawberry Lemon Mimosa Ingredients
- Strawberry Purée – Make the strawberry puree by simply adding fresh strawberries into a blender, and blending until smooth.
- Lemonade – You can use your favorite brand of lemonade for this cocktail, cloudy and clear both work well, and of course, you can always make your own!
- Champagne – For special occasions I like to serve champagne, but you can also make this cocktail with prosecco or your favorite sparkling wine.
How To Make Strawberry Lemon Mimosas
- Make the strawberry purée: in a food processor, add hulled and washed strawberries and puree.
- In a glass, add strawberry purée, followed by lemonade.
- Top with champagne and serve.
- Chill your champagne before you add it to these cocktails.
- Garnish – with a slice of lemon or a strawberry. A slice of lime also makes a great addition and works well with the strawberry and lemon.
- Pop a fresh bottle of champagne for these cocktails, the champagne starts to loose it’s fizz as soon as air is introduced to it.
Can You Make These Strawberry Lemon Mimosas Ahead Of Time?
These mimosas are best made as soon as you are ready to serve them so that they are chilled and the champagne still has it’s bubbles. If you like, you can make the strawberry puree a few hours ahead of time, just transfer it to a bowl and keep it covered in the fridge.
More Cocktail Recipes
- Brunch Signature Cocktail
- Bourbon Smash Cocktail
- Berry Lemonade Cocktail
- Belly-ni | Non-Alcoholic Baby Shower Cocktail
- Skinny Mojito
- Watermelon Mojito
If you try this yummy strawberry lemon mimosa, please come back to share using my 5 star rating in the comments below! Not only do I appreciate it, but I know readers do, too!
Strawberry Lemon Mimosa Recipe
- 1 teaspoon strawberry puree
- 2 ounces lemonade
- 3 ounces champagne
- Strawberry puree: in a food processor, add hulled and washed strawberries and puree.
- In a glass, add strawberry puree, followed by lemonade.
- Top off with champagne and serve.
- Be sure to chill your champagne before you add it to these cocktails.
- I garnished these cocktails with a slice of lemon, but you could also use a sliced or whole strawberry. A slice of lime also makes a great addition and works well with the strawberry and lemon.
- Pop a fresh bottle of champagne for these cocktails, the champagne starts to loose it's fizz as soon as air is introduced to it.