Refreshing Lemon Berry Tart – this delightful dessert is on a sugar cookie crust! It’s the best fruit tart to add a touch of sweetness to any day or night.
Refreshing Lemon Berry Tart
I never cared for tarts until I recently took a bite of a friend’s at a favorite neighborhood Italian restaurant. It was imported from Italy but tasted like it was made just minutes before it was served.
A Quick and Simple Fruit Tart
I could taste a hint of lemon, sweet mascarpone, and cream. I recreated it using one of my favorite crusts that resembles a traditional sugar cookie and provides great balance for the cream.
This lemon berry tart is deliciously easy & beautiful. It’s the perfect addition to holiday gatherings.
Pro Tips For Making a Lemon Berry Tart
- Remember to leave the pan ungreased for a perfect crust
- It’s very important to NOT over whip the cream. Overmixing will cause the cream to curdle, and you’ll have to start over
- Top with your favorite in-season fruits for a fresh taste
- 3/4 c butter softened
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 5-8 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add flour a half cup at a time.
- Press into ungreased tart pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Whip heavy cream, gradually increasing your speed until 10/max and peak forms.
- Beat in powdered sugar and lemon juice at medium speed, one tablespoon at a time.
- Add mascarpone, blend well.
- Add mixture to cooled crust. Top with seasonal berries or fruits of your choice.