Ornament garland is a simple and beautiful way to decorate for the holiday season! It’s customizable, elegant and surprisingly easy!
As an event designer, I have worked with clients to decorate for the holidays season after season. I had the opportunity to decorate Kauffman Stadium, home of the Kansas City Royals, for the holidays.
Ornament garlands are perfect to hang on banisters and mantels, above a table or on a buffet.
You can use an array of ornaments to create a rainbow or ombre garland, stick with festive red and green or use clear glass ornaments and fill with glitter for a little glam!
Tie each side off with satin ribbon and you have memorable Christmas decor for the season!
Iridescent craft ornaments fit into any decor, making them versatile season after season. You can use glass bulbs for a more delicate appearance of non-shattering ornaments for ease.
You can fill some or all of the bulbs with glitter, sprinkles, snowflakes and more!
Use a variety of bulbs to add interest, varying the size each time to create a pattern of larger and smaller bulbs, keeping the larger for the middle of the swags.
Pull them together tightly as you string them on the fishing line, putting one on in each direction (1 up, 1 down, 1 up, 1 down). This results in a “bubble” like effect that really makes for such a pretty garland.
Continue to desired length, considering the weight capacity of your fishing twine completing no more than 5 feet at a time with glass bulbs.
DIY Ornament Garland takes just a little bit of patience and a second set of hands to tie up, but is simple and timeless.
You can learn how to make a DIY Ornament Swag here! This one features the team’s customary royal blue!
- DIY Christmas Gifts
- Christmas Decoration Ideas
- Salt Dough Ornaments
- Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Update a Basic Wreath
- Paper Mache Stag Head
- No Sew Easy Christmas Tree Skirt
- 16 – 20 small iridescent craft ornaments
- 8 – 12 medium iridescent craft ornaments
- 2 – 3 large iridescent craft ornaments
- Gold Glitter
- Fishing Line
- Optional: Fill larger ornaments with glitter.
- String the ornaments onto the fishing line, alternating between small and medium bulbs ensuring that the largest bulbs are in the center of the garland.
- Repeat until you have reached the desired length, ensuring they are strung tightly together.
- Secure the ends with a knot in the fishing line.