Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
These decadent pumpkin gooey cake bars are an easy fall treat that everyone will love. A St. Louis classic, ooey gooey butter cake get a seasonal spin with the addition of pumpkin.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- golden butter recipe cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pound powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x12 baking dish.
In a mixing bowl/mixer, combine crust ingredients: butter, eggs & cake mix. Spoon into your dish and with a spatula, firmly press down into the base of the dish to create a thin crust & along the edges.
Mix the second set of ingredients & pour into your crust. Garnish with powdered sugar & optional cinnamon.
Bake 40 minutes & allow to cool before serving.
I tend to make my gooey butter cakes a little differently from many of the recipes you'll find online - it all comes down to the perfect crust.
- I like to create a slight wall along the edge of my baking dish with the first mixture, creating a crust that compliments the gooey interior!
- Adding the sprinkling of cinnamon at the end really creates the classic pumpkin flavor we crave. Nutmeg would also be delicious, or try my pumpkin pie spice mix!
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 183mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 699IU | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg