How to Cook Steak on the Stove (Incredibly Juicy Pan Fried Steak)
Cooking steak in a pan is the easiest way to achieve a juicy, decadent steak without a grill. Learn how to cook an incredible steak on the stove with this easy steak recipe - no grill required for this pan fried steak!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 pounds flank steak
- marinade, salt and pepper, or spice rub
If you choose to marinade your steak, do that up to 24 hours in advance. If you're adding a dry rub, you can coat the steak just before cooking.
Heat stove top to medium high. If you marinated, pat dry prior to adding to the pan.
Add steak to skillet over medium high heat and cook for 4 minutes.
Flip and cook four minutes on each side for medium rare, or go longer until it reaches your desired temperature.
Remove from heat, cover and allow to rest at room temperature for up to 10 minutes.
Slice thin across the grain.
- Allow time to marinate the steak if that's what you're doing for added flavor. Set aside at least four hours or up to 24. This will really help to tenderize the steak and make it full of flavor.
- Want to do a traditional dry rub? Check out my blackened seasoning or Cajun seasoning blend. So easy and so much flavor with no added fat or calories!
- We like flank steak for cooking on the stove, but you can use a variety of other steak options!
- Once you have cooked the steak, allow it to rest for up to 10 minutes before slicing it across the grain.
Calories: 207kcal | Protein: 32g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 516mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg