Chocolate Chip Pecan Snowball Cookies
This is a classic snowball cookie with a twist! The addition of chocolate chips creates a textural, sweet cookie you're going to adore!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (omit salt if using salted butter)
- 3 cups flour all purpose
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet, miniature
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Beat butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
Gradually beat in flour, salt, chocolate chips and nuts.
Shape level tablespoons of dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set and lightly browned.
Remove from oven. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes.
Roll in powdered sugar for a pretty coating.
- The easiest way to create a uniform cookie when you're making these snowballs is to use a cookie scoop.
- I like my pecans to be superfine so they melt in your mouth! You can buy chopped pecans or simply use your food processor to create a finer chop.
- These cookies can easily get too brown on the bottom - watch your bake time and do not bake for over 12 minutes. My oven required exactly 10 minutes but everyone's oven will be different!
- For an extra gorgeous snowy effect, I like to first roll the finished cookies into powdered sugar to cover, and then use a flour sifter to sprinkle more powdered sugar loosely across the top! Such a beautiful presentation trick.
Serving: 2cookies | Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 23mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 296IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg