Easy Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
This Easy Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe creates a classic, fragrant cookie. It's a Soft Snickerdoodle Recipe that requires only 7 ingredients and no chilling!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Servings 30 people
- 1 cup shortening Crisco sticks work well
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar white
- 2 eggs
- 2 and 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Mix shortening, sugar and eggs
Blend in dry ingredients
roll into walnut size balls
roll balls in mixture of 2 tsp cinnamon and 2 Tbsp sugar
Place on ungreased baking sheet lined with parchment
Bake 8-10 minutes
- This recipe requires a 400 degree oven. Trust me on this! I know it's a higher temp than most of my easy recipes, but it works.
- Don't cook for more than eight minutes! Snickerdoodles are not meant to be crunchy.
- Cream of tartar is a requirement, so don't skip this ingredient even though it can be a pain to locate on your spice rack! It gives these cookies a special tangy flavor.
- Keep rolling into your cinnamon sugar mixture. No harm in rolling twice to give them an extra bit of sugar and spice and everything nice!
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. It helps create an even heat and really makes such a difference in these easy snickerdoodle cookies!
Serving: 2cookies | Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 49mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 16IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg