Baby Roasted Carrots (Dill Carrots)
These Roasted Baby Carrots are a simple, attractive side dish that even your kids will love! Braised Carrots with fresh dill are flavorful and crisp-tender.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 12 ounces baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill minced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Toss carrots with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Create a single layer on a sheet pan. Bake 30 minutes or until tender and brown.
Toss with dill and serve.
BRAISING INSTEAD OF ROASTING IN OVEN:
Make your carrots a bit sweeter by tossing in a teaspoon of brown sugar or a teaspoon of maple syrup.
Keep it spicy and add ¼ teaspoon chilli powder, ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- In a large pan over medium heat, saute the carrots, olive oil and dill.
- Raise the heat to high and add one fourth cup of water, vegetable stock or chicken stock and cover.
- Bring to a boil.
- Next, reduce heat back to medium, stirring occasionally for five minutes.
- Uncover carrots and cook a few more minutes until carrots are tender, but not mushy, and most of the liquid has evaporated.
Calories: 123kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 11744IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg