Healthy Sweet Potato Fries (Gourmet Fries)
Skip the deep fryer with these Healthy Sweet Potato Fries, ready in less than 30 minutes. If you love sweet potatoes, these Gourmet Fries will blow you away!
- 3 sweet potatoes large
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp brown sugar loosely packed
- course sea salt
Slice sweet potatoes into thin strips.
Bake at 475 degrees for 22 minutes or until crispy.
Remove with turner and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle with brown sugar and sea salt.
- Slice your sweet potatoes somewhat thin and keep them as uniform as possible. This helps keep the fries crispy on the outside while cooking all the way through in a short amount of time!
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven. This allows them to crisp up quickly without burning.
- Turn just once. This allows the sweet potatoes to brown on both sides evenly.
- Don't overcrowd! Spread the fries throughout a large pan, or perhaps even two pans. Don't allow them to touch - this is what creates that soggy situation. Give them room to breathe as they bake!
- Break out your oldest sheet pan - you know the one you're embarrassed to own, but secretly love? If you can, avoid non-stick pans. This will make them nice and crunchy!
Calories: 551kcal | Carbohydrates: 113g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 224mg | Potassium: 1362mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 51g | Vitamin A: 55330IU | Vitamin C: 9.3mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 2.6mg