Foolproof Honey Beer Bread
Easy 6 ingredient Honey Beer Bread - a no fuss, no yeast, 1 dish recipe!
all purpose flour
sifted (not packed)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease loaf pan and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Add honey, garlic, butter and beer. Mix well.
Pour into loaf pan and bake 45 minutes.
- Substitute with 3 tablespoons sugar
- Guinness, IPA, Farmhouse Ale, Pale Ale, Brown Ale, Belgian. You can use lighter beers as well, but they'll offer less flavor.
– You can use fresh minced garlic, but I always use minced garlic purchased in the produce section of the grocery store.
– I always use salted butter in all of my bread recipes, but if you don’t use salted butter, add a little salt.
Beer Bread Variations
- Aged cheeses tend to work well with honey. Add 1 cup of freshly shredded parmesan, gruyere or cheddar to make a sweet and savory cheesy beer bread.
- Fold 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, thyme or sage into the batter just before baking.
- Just before serving, brush the loaf with warm honey butter and use a grinder to add thick flakes of sea salt.
Mix it up directly in the loaf pan for easy cleanup!
If you're not a beer drinker, you can frequently find beers sold individually in your grocery store as well.
Brush honey butter on top for a beautiful glisten and added flavor.
At Room Temperature
- Covered in plastic wrap or in a ziplock bag up to 3 days.
- Covered in plastic wrap or in a ziplock up to 5 days. It will soften the crust and add to the beer flavor.
- Freeze covered in plastic wrap or foil and place in a freezer bag to prevent freezer odors from seeping in up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature before serving.
recipe found on
RETURN TO RECIPE