Skinny Margarita Recipe
This easy skinny margarita recipe is fresh and flavorful without all the calories! It's a skinny margarita so good and so refreshing you'll never use a margarita mix again!
Rim the glass: Slice the center of a lime wedge and rub the wedge around rim of your glass. Pour a layer of salt onto a small plate. Dip the glass into the salt. Tap the glass to remove excess.
Add tequila, lime juice, orange juice, water and agave to a cocktail shaker.
Shake vigorously and pour over a glass with ice. Garnish with a lime slice.
- Some of my favorite tequilas are Altos, Patron, Casamigos, and Camarena. Use white, silver, blanco, reposado, or añejo, your preference. A high quality margarita offers the best flavor.
- Fresh squeezed lime juice offers the best flavor, however, you can use 100% real lime juice found in the juice aisle of your grocery store.
- Fresh squeezed, if possible, otherwise orange juice will work as well. It takes the tartness out of a margarita.
Make it Mango
- Using a mango puree, omit the water, add tequila, lime juice, orange juice and just 1 teaspoon agave nectar. Shake well, strain and serve over ice.
Make it Watermelon
- Using watermelon puree, omit the water, add tequila, lime juice, orange juice and just 1 teaspoon agave nectar. Shake well, strain and serve over ice.
Make it Frozen
- Blend ingredients in a blender along with frozen watermelon or mango cubes and ice.
How to Juice Limes
The easiest way to juice limes is to start with citrus at room temperature.
Roll the lemon or orange with the palm of your hand on a cutting board or countertop to soften it.
Slice it in half lengthwise.
Juice by hand, use a hand-held
on your mixer.
Note: On average, 1 lime makes about 2 tablespoons juice.
recipe found on
RETURN TO RECIPE