Snowball Recipe | Amaretto Liqueur and Ice Cream Cocktail
When the temperatures drop, I love to treat everyone to a Snowball cocktail. The slight bitterness of the amaretto flavor combined with sweet ice cream is the perfect pairing. Learn how to make this almond-flavored dessert cocktail with a few simple ingredients.
- 1.5 ounces Amaretto Liqueur
- 1.5 ounces milk
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
To rim your glass:
To toast a marshmallow for garnish:
- Pour a small amount of simple syrup onto a small plate or saucer. (Maple syrup would work as well depending on what you were using on your rim.)
- Next, pour a small amount of your rimming dust onto another small plate or saucer.
- Dip your empty drink glass first into the maple syrup, then in your rimming sugar or crushed cookies.
- Add the Snowball mixture and serve.
- If your get-together is sans fire, simply turn on a gas stove burner and carefully roast your marshmallow over the small flame. Roast until marshmallows are lightly browned.
- Roast marshmallows in the oven by covering a cookie sheet with tin foil and placing under a broiler for 1-2 minutes. Be sure to watch marshmallows as they brown quickly!
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 319mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Calcium: 217mg