1 Hour Easy Orange Rolls Recipe
Incredibly delicious, thick, light and fluffy Orange Rolls! These easy sweet orange rolls covered in cream are topped with an orange glaze for a truly memorable treat!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
resting time 35 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 8 servings
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups flour + up to 1 c additional
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 yeast package active quick rise
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon orange zest zest of 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon orange or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
In a saucepan over medium heat, add milk & butter. Stir until melted & remove from heat.
In a mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 c flour, 1/4 c sugar, salt. Add yeast & lukewarm milk mixture. Combine. Add egg.
Using the dough hook attachment on your mixer, knead while gradually adding in up to 1 c flour until the dough forms a ball & pulls aways from the edges of the bowl. You can also knead by hand.
Let dough rest for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
On a floured surface, roll out dough into a rectangle. Spread melted butter on top. Paint butter on top with a pastry brush & sprinkle with sugar & orange zest. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut 10 strips. Roll & place in a baking dish or cast iron skillet.
Turn oven off. Cover rolls with a damp towel & allow to rise 25 minutes. Remove from oven, preheat again to 350 degrees. Cover rolls in 1/4 c heavy cream. Bake 15 minutes, or until slightly golden.
Top with icing & serve.
- Butter your baking dish before adding the rolls to it, so that once baked they are easy to remove and won’t stick.
- You can bake these rolls ahead of time and keep them covered in the fridge. Gently reheat them in the oven and spread over the frosting before serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge for 3 days. They can be eaten cold or warm them in the oven or microwave.
- It's best to use fresh orange juice when you make the glaze fro a really fresh and tangy flavor.
Calories: 538kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 286mg | Potassium: 91mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 62g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1.7mg