Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Easy apple cinnamon rolls - light, fluffy, moist better-than-the-bakery cinnamon rolls stuffed with cinnamon, sugar and apples and topped with icing.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup butter
- 3¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package active quick rise yeast
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 3 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 apple peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream (5 tablespoons)
In a saucepan over medium heat, add milk & butter. Stir until melted & remove from heat.
In a mixing bowl, combine 2¼ c flour, sugar, and salt. Add yeast & lukewarm milk mixture. Combine. Add egg.
Using the dough hook attachment on your mixer, knead while gradually adding in up to 1 c flour until the dough forms a ball & pulls aways from the edges of the bowl. You can also knead by hand.
Let dough rest for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
On a floured surface, roll out dough into a rectangle. Spread melted butter on top. Sprinkle cinnamon, sugars and apples on top. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut 10 strips. Roll & place in a baking dish or cast iron skillet.
OPTIONAL for extra large rolls (not shown) cover with a damp towel, turn oven off and allow to rise 25 minutes. Remove from oven, preheat again to 350 degrees. Otherwise you can bake immediately.
Cover rolls in heavy cream. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until slightly golden.
Combine until smooth. Pour over hot cinnamon rolls to serve.
- You can knead the dough by hand or in a stand mixer. Kneading by hand will take about 10 to 12 minutes and in a mixer it will take around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and reheated in the oven.
- If you prefer to make your glaze thinner, just add a little more cream.
- If you are making larger rolls, allow 25 minutes for the dough to rise.
Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 231mg | Potassium: 122mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 595IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2mg