This classic Gingerbread Loaf is a sweet bread with a little sugar and spice! This easy Gingerbread Loaf recipe is so moist and will make your home smell like Christmas!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup molasses mild
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
In a separate bowl combine eggs, milk, molasses and vegetable oil.
Gradually incorporate dry ingredients into wet until just combined.
Pour mixture into 6 greased miniature loaf pans 3/4 full to compensate for rise.
Bake 50 minutes.
- If you don't want to make mini loaves, you can use 2 - 1 lb loaf pans and adjust baking time to 70 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Grease your loaf pans for easy removal after baking.
- Bake the loaves in a pre-heated oven for the best results.
- Let the loaves cool before storing or wrapping.
Calories: 100.27kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.01g | Protein: 1.64g | Fat: 1.22g | Saturated Fat: 0.76g | Cholesterol: 7.84mg | Sodium: 32.48mg | Potassium: 137.85mg | Fiber: 0.36g | Sugar: 12.82g | Vitamin A: 26.37IU | Calcium: 40.48mg | Iron: 0.81mg