Lace Cookies, also known as Florentine Cookies are a thin, chewy oatmeal cookie with a deliciously sugary taste, that are stackable for easy gifting. Oatmeal Lace Cookies are made with just 7 staple ingredients and are so quick and easy to make!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 11 minutes
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon flour all purpose
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, brown butter until it turns brown in color and nutty in aroma. Remove from heat.
In a mixing bowl or mixer, combine brown sugar, oats, egg and vanilla. Add brown butter. Mix until combined.
Stir in salt and flour.
Using a cookie scoop, drop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet leaving ample room to spread. Bake 6 minutes or until golden brown.
Stack in cellophane favor bags and tie with a ribbon for a beautiful Christmas gift for friends, family, coworkers, neighbors and more!
These are large cookies (and you deserve it!), should you choose to make them smaller, reduce baking time so the edges don't burn.
Use real butter, not margarine. Margarine doesn't brown and caramelize.
Allow to cool to set.
- Drizzle or fill with chocolate.
- Substitute some oatmeal with nuts or almond slices.
- Substitute all purpose flour with rice flour to make them gluten free.
How to Store:
- Cool cookies before storing.
- Do not store with soft cookies. They'll absorb the moisture.
- Glass or covered containers are ideal for storing crispy cookies (do not store in plastic as it will create moisture).
- Store with wax paper.
- Refrigerating cookies will also help keep them crisp.
- Freeze in a tin (to keep them from crumbling) for up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature to thaw.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 29mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.3mg