Elf Cookies are easy to make, miniature shortbread cookies that are bite sized and delicious. Elf on the Shelf cookies are a delicious treat to make your elf or for your elf to gift to well behaved children!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 9 minutes
Total Time 19 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (a pinch)
Combine sugar, butter and vanilla.
Add flour and salt and mix until combined.
On floured plastic wrap, press into a disc shape (like a thick plate) wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
On floured parchment paper, roll dough to 1/4" thick.
Use cookie cutters to cut elf cookies into shape and peel excess dough. Transfer parchment paper filled with cutouts on cookie sheet.
Bake 8-9 minutes.
- Be sure to refrigerate your cookie dough for at least half and hour before rolling it out.
- Bake the cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies in a pre-heated oven for the best results.
- Once cooled, keep the cookies in an airtight container and they will be good for about 4 days.
Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 6mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 118IU | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg