Better than Pecan Pie Cookies
If you like pecan pie, you will love these Pecan Pie Cookies. They're thin, caramelized bites of the rich, buttery pecan pie we've all come to enjoy!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Chill dough 30 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
Servings 24 cookies
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups pecan halves
Beat brown sugar, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
Add flour, salt and baking soda and mix on low until just combined.
Stir in pecans.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees while chilling the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, roll cookies into 1.25" balls and bake 8 minutes.
Optional: add a crack of sea salt on top just after pulling them out of the oven.
- Refrigerate the dough before baking to prevent the cookies from spreading.
- Using small amounts of dough work best for these cookies. I use this cookie scoop to form small balls of the dough that are uniform in size.
- Space out the balls of cookie dough on your sheet pan, leaving a gap of about 2 inches between each ball. The cookies will melt and spread so give them room.
- Preheat the oven before you bake the cookies to allow them to cook evenly.
- Check your cookies halfway through baking and rotate your baking sheet if one side is cooking quicker than the other.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 0.8mg