Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls make a beautiful Valentine’s Day breakfast or gift with free printable gift tags. Learn how to make them from scratch or adapt store bought cinnamon rolls.
Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to show appreciation to friends, neighbors, teachers and more with little gifts. These heart-shaped bakery style cinnamon rolls are a great way to let someone know you’re thinking of them. It’s also a great way to send your significant other off to work!
These thick and beautiful cinnamon rolls are ready in less than an hour. You’re going to want to save one for yourself! If you want to cheat, you can use store bought cinnamon rolls and the same process.
How to Make Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls
- Roll each end of a strip toward one another until they touch.
- Turn the roll on it’s side.
- Gently pull down the bottom of the dough with your finger to slightly stretch to create a point.
- Lightly pinch the bottom of the heart and place into a greased bread pan.
You can bake them in a standard pie dish or in individual ceramic loaf pans. Cover with cellophane bags, tie with a ribbon and gift with the free printable Happy Valentine’s Day gift tags and I Love You gift tags here. You can shop this post below!
This recipe yields 10 rolls/5 gifts and endless smiles.
Heart Shaped Cinnamon Rolls Valentine's Day Gift
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add milk & butter. Stir until melted & remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2¼ c flour, sugar, salt. Add yeast & lukewarm milk mixture. Combine. Add egg & mix.
- Using the dough hook attachment on your mixer, knead while gradually adding in 1 c flour until the dough forms a ball & pulls away from the edges of the bowl. You can also knead by hand.
- Let dough rest for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into a rectangle. Spread melted butter on top. Combine cinnamon & sugar & sprinkle on top. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut 10 strips. Roll each end of a strip toward one another until they touch. Turn it on it's side.
- Gently pull down the bottom of the dough with your finger to slightly stretch.
- Lightly pinch the bottom of the heart & place into a greased bread pan.
- Turn oven off. Cover rolls with a damp towel & allow to rise 25 minutes. Remove from oven, preheat again to 350 degrees. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Mix icing ingredients until smooth & drizzle over rolls.