How to choose a photographer:
1. Check out their credentials. Do you know anyone who has worked with them before? Do they belong to any professional organizations? Have they been honored by their peers?
2. Do you appreciate their style? (Photojournalistic, traditional or both)
3. Do you feel comfortable with the photographer? If you don’t interact well, it will reflect in your photographs, so be sure to secure someone whose personality you like.
4. Do they use digital or film? Both have advantages and disadvantages.
5. Weigh the cost. “You get what you pay for” has merit, but there is always new talent that may work well in your budget.
6. Make sure they archive! You may want additional photos later.
Above photographs from Click Photography
Free Email Course