Get 12 fun and clever ideas for your home! A few of these might just surprise you… and change your life for the better!
It’s easy to become overwhelmed with what you don’t love about your home and to overlook it’s potential. However, there are several quick fixes that can turn a house into a home you love!
These 12 genius ideas for your home are just a few examples of simple projects that can add function and beauty.
- Sneak a trash and recycling chute into your backsplash for easy disposal and eliminate the need to take out the trash.
- Reface your bookcases with new doors for as little as $20 each!
- Remove carpet to expose treads and risers of stairs for a timeless staircase that makes a statement.
- Using a solid stain, paint between the slats to create the illusion of a room.
- Use peel and stick vinyl to fake wood floors for your basement.
- Replace a traditional vanity with a pedestal sink to make a half bath appear larger.
- Paint a concrete floor for an easy to clean laundry room, mudroom or basement.
- Update your door to allow more light to shine in.
- Add a skirt to disguise an unsightly sink and create additional storage.
- Convert a closet into a mudroom for less than $300.
- Replace a dated convection oven with an appliance cabinet.
- Use a plant to disguise pipes and mirrors to make a basement feel larger and brighter.
Of course every room of our old home and new are filled to the brim of easy ideas you can integrate into your home. You may also enjoy 7 ways to add light to your home and 10 ways to make an old home feel new.
More Home Improvement Posts You’ll Enjoy
- Choosing Patterned Carpet
- Where to Invest in Your Home for the Best Return
- 10 Ways to Make an Old Home Feel New
- 20 Easy DIY Wall Art Ideas
- 5 Designer Secrets to Decorate a Room
- 10 Easy Steps to Create an Outdoor Living Room
- 10 Ideas to Update a Room on a Budget
- 10 Quick and Easy Home Improvement Ideas
- How to Create a Luxury Home for Less