If and when I accomplish something, it’s almost always at the last minute. Maybe I work better under pressure or maybe I’m just a master procrastinator, but it’s always worked for me, even if I look like I’ve been hit by a bus. I’m excited to join the Buffalo Styling Co Halloween home tours today today share my last minute Halloween ideas. Halloween just might be the easiest holiday to decorate for!
How to decorate for Halloween:
- Don’t clean. Resist the temptation, consider it a blessing. I told you this would be easy! It just so happens that I’m best at making a mess and I’ll take this holiday and make it an excuse to leave our home a little aloof. If a few leaves blow indoors, embrace it. Feathers start flying out of your sofa, rejoice! Bonus points for dust.
- Make a mess. Let things be in disarray. Reposition your furniture, throw a bottle or two on the floor. Isn’t this fun?
- Use sheets to cover your furniture to make your home look vacant. Hmmm, I wonder who lived here before?
- Give just a hint that something is amiss, like toes peeking out from under the sheet. Skeletons are so fun and versatile, don’t you think?
- Another reason I love Halloween is that it’s the one time of year we can celebrate that we’ve killed a plant or have dead flowers lying around. Showcase them!
- Add a skeleton to a chair, sofa or bench indoors or out. He’ll definitely take guests by surprise.
These last minute Halloween decorating ideas are just subtle enough that when kids peek into your door this Halloween they’ll wonder if your house is always this strange.
Don’t miss the House of Silver Lining’s Halloween ideas!